Spritesheet import to Spriteloq to make use of API

The Spriteloq API appears to have several functions which are not available in the standard Corona API. The main one I am interested in is switching sprites on the fly rather than using prepare() and play() which I have been finding causes a delay when animating characters with different actions such as run, jump etc.

Would it be possible to allow Spriteloq to import spritesheets generated by programmes such as Texture Packer, allow the user to select groups by action, then export lua and sheets read for import into Corona ready for use with the Spriteloq API.

I have only been using Corona a couple of weeks so apologies if I am missing something obvious.

The Spriteloq API is built on top of the Corona sprite API, so my guess is that there must be something else that's slowing the switching of your sprites. It's hard to say what's the cause without seeing any code though.

Spriteloq doesn't support the import of non Spriteloq sprite sheets because of the required metadata header that wouldn't be available. But I don't see anything preventing you fro mimicking the API.

FYI, I have spoken to Walter about the sprite API at the hackathon last month, and he did mention wanting to take cues from the Spriteloq API to improve the Corona API.

views:1391 update:2011/10/12 9:17:43
corona forums © 2003-2011