Code Completion with the Built-In editor

Hello,

Just purchased this program and I must say thanks for creating this.

One of the main reasons that I purchased this program was the code completion feature of the built in editor. I cannot get this to work at all.

I have looked at the auto complete list and found terms and typed them into the editor but I get NO auto complete for anything.

I have the latest version, 2.2.x (just purchased it a few minutes ago)
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

Here's a quick video I made for someone a couple months ago that shows how it works:

http://instantvideowebpages.com/play/notmplvid.php?540

See if that gets you on the right track.

Autocomplete isn't where I want it to be yet, but it should work for the words that are in the list.

Jay

PS - Main problem I'm seeing is that sometimes it doesn't pick up the words that I type. It's supposed to add those to the autocomplete list but it's not 100% at this point.

Thanks for the video Jay

I understand how it supposed to work but even after doing exactly what you did in the video (same exact words)I cant get it auto complete.

One thing I did notice was that if I type "local" and then start to delete (delete the "cal" from the end) it using backspace I do see the "cal" in gray like it should be. Then if I hit tab, it will complete the word "local"

I even tried adding some words to the auto complete list but they would not work either. I also tried changing the font and size but that didn't help

Thanks for trying

Very odd. Are you using a "non-standard" OS such as the Lion preview, or Panther?

Or maybe OSX on a netbook?

Anything "weird" about your setup?

Jay

Hi Jay,

No, all standard stuff
Macbook with 10.6.7, nothing special

Exact same reason for purchase, exact same problem.
Mac OS X
Version 10.6.7
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB Memory

MacbookPro 13"

I'll try on windows later...

Appears to work just fine in Windows on same machine.

One more thing -- are you editing code in tabs or in separate windows?
I should have v2.3 out in a few days and I've done some pounding on the autocomplete engine so hopefully things will smooth out for you.

Jay

Sorry for delay. That would be tabbed.

views:1577 update:2011/10/12 9:17:43
corona forums © 2003-2011