Building for Android

I have followed the online docs for building for Android with Windows. I set the package name, set target os to Android 2.2, set the keystore file and used the androiddebugkey alias, and set the proper folder for Save to Folder, then I click Build.

It first says Connectiong to server...

Then it says build failed. Check the console window for errors.

The console has no errors.

I'm not sure if it's failing to connect to the server, or if the build is failing once connected. I have no proxy.

Thoughts?

I got the same problem with my own project, suddenly i can't build.
But i can build the test apps =/

I had the same problem. All Ive got in terminal is:

BUILD ERROR: Could not complete build.

I can build test app, but my app cannot be build. Any clues?

Same here, I'm on the windows trial, over the past few days, I can build the test apps, but my app I've been working on fails with only the message: "BUILD ERROR: Could not complete build." This app has previously build ok.

I tried removing lots of code to get the most basic start to my app. to try and identify what's giving the problem and it's still giving a build error. Can we have more debug info please?

I got that for the first time today as well, but it was because I had added a build.settings file (never previously had one) and I had an error in it. Not sure about anyone else though.

I got it working when i renamed my audio-file to start_mp3.mp3 instead of start.mp3

If you got audio-files, try renaming them =)

So wav should be audio_wav.wav etc...

Not got a build file, nor any audio and still having build problems. A bit more descriptive with the errors wouldn't be a bad thing.

I just bought the package and looked at http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/building-devices-android.... where do I get my certificate(s)? Also my "file build" is grayed out...can someone point me in the right direction.

We always receive a build error now since we bought the pro version.

On the Android we follow the creation of our own certificate using the following command:

keytool -genkey -v -keystore yourkeystorename.keystore -alias yourkeyalias -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000 "

We then update the proper field in the build preference and everything seems fine.

When we click on build, it write connecting to server, then build error! Check the console window for errors. They are no errors shown!

Please help as it is a showstopper for us moving forward.

Is this error on Windows or Mac?

Windows does not build apps for distribution yet. It still beta.

C.

Windows. I wasn't trying to build for distribution yet, just local testing. It was the first time I've tried Corona.

Same here (oops, started my own thread (https://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/02/18/cant-build-build-error-and-no-console-message), will relocate here...)

Again, just trying to build for device but not store...

matt

What is you use the debugkey that comes with Corona?

Did you install Java and SSL? Remember if you are running a 64bit Windows, you need to install the 32 bit versions of Java/SSL

C.

Hi Carlos,

I've followed the instructions on the page precisely:

http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/build-android-devices-windows

I've also installed the latest Java SDK from:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

In this case, I got the one on the left: JDK.

I see no mention in the docs on either site about SSL. What do you mean?

I'm running 32bit Windows XP Pro, am not behind a firewall or proxy and have turned off my security apps for the time being.

Thanks,

Matt.

comment #5 above SlimBoyFat saved my bacon! Thanks!

add "_ogg" to my sound files and the build errors are gone.

sound_blip = audio.loadSound(blip1.ogg) -- fail!
sound_blip = audio.loadSound(blip1_ogg.ogg) -- success!

Glad i could help :)

Hi All,

I've got similar issue. And few days ago I was able to build the same app without any problems.
I've created a simple app:

local netBack = display.newImage("balloon-yellow.png")
netBack.x = 100
netBack.y = 100

and it fails to build it too. And the sdk provides no error messages.
Something weird is going on here...

Update...

I've moved that simple script to another folder and IT WORKED!!!
I digged into this and it appears that compiler acts weird if there is an .mp3 file in the folder.
Even, if there is no any reference to this file in the app itself!!!
That does not make sense at all...

Any comments from the Ansca Team?

Hi,

Just to add my two cents, we had the same Android build error, with a file named break.wav.
Renaming it to breakit.wav made the Android compilation possible again.

Is break or break.wav some reserved word ?

HTH

Phil

views:2042 update:2011/10/10 9:00:20
corona forums © 2003-2011