Problems with new version "CoronaSDK_2011.377.msi"

I installed the new version of CoronaSDK_2011.377.msi and have problems with the demos:
Ghost vs. Monsters and Game Template. Same problems.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Messagge: WARNING:display.setStatusBarMode() not supported in the simulator for the
current device
Runtime error
..K\Sample Code\Ghost vs. Monsters\director.lua:137: bad argument
#2 to 'insert' (Proxy expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'insert'
..K\Sample Code\Ghost vs. Monsters\director.lua:137: in functio
------------------------------------------------------------------
While the old version CoronaSDK_2011.288.msi I had no problem.
What happens?

Same thing happening here. had to revert to the old sdk

So whats the deal is there a hot fix coming anytime soon?

Same issue...what is the deal?

We have a fix for this internally but need to do some more testing before we release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tim

O.K. Tim, thanks a lot. Let me know when will be avalaible the next release, if it's possible, on this post.

Any update or fix for this issue?

Is there any date on when you will release the fix? That has been stopping some of us from moving forward...

Thanks

its been 4 weeks any word yet?

I had opened a bug for this and the work around that was provided in the response got me going, so here is the work around:

------------------------
The workaround is as follows: In the project's lua files (mainmenu.lua, level1.lua and level2.lua) there are a number of calls to ui.newButton with the option
text = ""

==> just change these to not be empty, e.g. a space:
text = " "
------------------------

This worked for me and although I love to see this fix in a release, I hope this helps you as well, meanwhile.

Ali.

A moment naddaf. You solve the problem downstream. Modify the project's lua files (mainmenu.lua, and level1.lua level2.lua), but the problem is in the new version of "CoronaSDK_2011.377.msi" and not in the lua files.
Why the old version "CoronaSDK_2011.288.msi" doesn't have the same problems?

pcappelloni,

As I mentioned, this is a work around till the bug is fixed in the SDK (meaning that you can use this workaround if you are stuck because of this bug), so I am not sure what you are really asking. You didn't need this workaround in earlier SDK's but you need it in the latest one, and that is why it is called a bug in the SDK :-)

Ali.

Sorry naddaf. You are right. I responded to you hoping that Tim (Ansca staff) understand that the problem remains to be resolved. Maybe it's the time to release the new version. What do you think Tim?

Yes, we're currently stuck on this problem ourselves and it is indeed holding our RnD up, can we get some sort of idea as to when the new version may be released to calm our nerves?

cheers
Bryce

p.s. The downstream solution (text = " ") didnt fix ghosts v monsters for us

this not fixed?

we are code freeze. the sooner we can get to it will be right after we ship

c

views:1343 update:2011/10/10 9:00:20
corona forums © 2003-2011