Windows iOS Dev

I'm a new developer here an I've recently bent from hardcore C and Lua console game programming to Corona so I could expand my knowledge to mobile devices. Although I don't have an Android phone, and I don't have a Mac OSx computer. One the other hand, I have a Windows 7 PC, and an iPod/iPhone. I was wondering if there was a way to make iOS apps on a windows computer, rather than just a Mac. is this possible? I'd hope so. ;) P.S. I actually typed this on an iPod, so my hands got cramped and I couldn't type as much. (lucky for you! ;) ) P.S.S. Something might also look wrong but blame the iPod. Lol :)

to build for iOS device you require Xcode. so unfortunately you cannot build for iOS device unless you can find a way to run MAC OS from your PC. :)

@bingham,
People blame autocorrect for the funny changes it makes, but the words generally are from the words used by the user in some previous instances. The dictionary learns the words used.

That aside, You can use windows and create an app for iOS in the simulator, but you cannot *build* the app which means you cannot make an app that can be then uploaded to the iPod.

As for typing on an iOS device, have you tried textastic? but it works on the iPad only, For the iPod you can try Code Viewer, which is FREE and can do syntax highlighting.

For the Windows PC, you have CPM (Corona Project Manager) , IndeEd is scheduled to be released sometime.

So you can develop on Windows and try it in the simulator. Hope that helps you ,

cheers,

?:)

views:1366 update:2011/10/10 9:00:20
corona forums © 2003-2011