Physics and Android

Is anyone having any success with the physics engine on Android?

Game runs fine on simulator but physics object pass through each other on Android device or get stuck to each other. Plus using the physics engine on Android seems VERY slow (I've only a couple of physic object).

Ho hum.

it's broken. it's in the bug list

The only bug I've seen for the physics engine on Android is for the engine speeding up and slowing down on screen touch, not objects behaving erratically, or is that a 'side effect' of the speeding up and slowing down?

My SIMPLE game with a few physics object runs at 10 FPS ona HTC Wildfire :-(

I think it's time for a rethink unless Ansca can fix this poor performace.

The speed is very unstable even on my Galaxy S too. I haven't tried on iPhone yet to see if this has something to do with not using SpriteSheet or not, but on simulator it runs fine at 60 FPS :/

Ok, the slow down even effect the physic itself. On simulator, the object move further than it does on device, due to the unstable fps. It breaks the game to the point that it's unplayable.

I don't think Corona can really claim that it allow you to port your game to Android, when the game is unplayable like this. I bought Corona since April and I'm about to do something with it, yet this happen and force me to stop again *sigh* I wonder if I could finish a game with Corona at all?

I have the same feeling and will have to ask for a refund soon.

I just check several physic sample on my Desire Z (T-mobile G2) (Android 2.2) and all of them works pretty well.
Best regards

views:1389 update:2011/10/9 22:34:50
corona forums © 2003-2011