Issues with .apk files

Admittedly I am new to this. I am a graphic designer by nature but love learning new mediums in which to expand my services. I work at a comic book publishing company that is whole-heartedly jumping into the digital arena. That being said, I am having a few issues:

1. When I do a build in the trial version to test on my Android device the .apk file is 60mb for 27 pg issue. When I open on my device it immediately crashes. Can I get the size down?

2. When I follow the image guidelines, 1024 x 768 @ 132 ppi there is no capability to zoom either on the Android device or on the iPad device. Is there going to be a fix to that or is there a work around? I actually went with the slideview sample code instead of Comics SDK to bypass the frame by frame feature.

Also, once we purchase the Dev License are there more features to Corona as opposed to the trial version?

I am sure these questions have been answered before but could not find what I was looking for. Please advise and thank you for your time.

I am working on an iMac...if that helps!

Can't say I'm an expert on Corona.. yet.. Only new in fact.. BUT...

If you have an 27 page issue and it is coming in at 60mb, which is a bit over 2mb per page. I think you should think about the graphic format you are using. It would seem to be inappropriate for this application.

I have only been looking at the trial version until we jump in soon, but there are quite a number of Android issues for now it seems.

As to trial v dev license features, I think they are the same. But you seem to only build Debug versions with the trial app. At least I assume so.. They are very big apps/samples. I guess this may be contributing to your size, but I am not sure.

Use jpeg files for the images to keep app size down. If they're cartoon/comic images [ large blocks of colour] even at the highest jpeg quality encoding they will look amazing and be tiny. This is only a problem if u need transparency, but if you're celever in an app like this u can get away without transparencies.

You can probably save the images full size as jpeg, and use newImageRect to load them in scaled for the device screen size. See the relevant section (newImageRect) in the api/docs on the site, and it'll point u to a blog post with more info.

In Lua the screen will not refresh with images loaded in the current function until the function is over.

So in your 'display current page' function, set a timer to preload the next page instead of loading it directly. Use code to check if the page is loaded before switching pages, and use some fade or something to mask this wait - or worst case put a 'loading' image up.

Your app is should work fine on all devices if u do the above.

Kam.

Thanks Kam187! I think I figured it out. Now I am moving on to the keytool...Whole new bag of tricks!

views:1347 update:2011/10/9 22:34:50
corona forums © 2003-2011