Building Andriod apps on Trial Version

i am having some issues with building a app for android using the trial version, the app is successfully created however when i try to install it on my phone i get an error 'application not installed'.

this is the process im doing to build the app
1 - go on file > build

2 - enter (mysurname).(myfirstname).testapp as Package key (i think i might be going wrong here not too sure tho) and i am using andrioddebug for keyAlias

3 - once the apk is successfully built i am then dragging the apk file on the phone memory card and using 'App Installer' to try to install it - and from this point onwards i get the 'application not installed' error

where am i going wrong, any ideas? the device im using is a HTC Wildfire

Did this just start happening today?

I am also having issues doing builds, though not the same as yours, I am just wondering if something happened on the build servers?

My apps were building fine the last few days then suddenly last night, my builds seem to work but they keep producing an .APK file that has old code in it, no changes I have done in the last day are reflected.

Hoping someone from Corona sees this post or mine and checks out the build server...

What device do you have?

If it is not an ARMv7 device it will not install.

The daily build did have issues the last two days. But subscribers are the only one who should have experience some serious build issues the last two days.

C.

Hi Carlos,

I realize you are responding to the OP about not being able to do an install at all, but I was just wondering if there is some sort of build issue for trial folks too?

I am pulling my hair out with my issue where the builds to my device worked fine up until last night and then suddenly stopped working. The code on the device seems to be coming from some old cache or something.

I am almost positive it is nothing here as I can change the app name and see it reflected on my device, yet when I open it, the app is 10-15 versions behind the one I built using the simulator.

Any thoughts?

Steve

views:1745 update:2011/10/8 8:54:25
corona forums © 2003-2011