Unsigned .apk and manifest file question

Hello all!

I have been contacted by Amazon to be part of their new Amazon Android marketplace that launches in December.

However, they need the .apk file to be formatted in a certain way.

They need an unsigned .apk as they will add their own digital signature to it, and they also need some setting set in the manifest file
that gets included with the app.

I am a total Android noob, (and a Corona noob!) and I was wondering if this is possible to do through Corona.

I have successfully built an Android version of my game with Corona and it is for sale in the marketplace, but I do not
know how to fulfill Amazon's requests.

So my two questions are:

First, I know that I can make a build.settings file, do the settings I put in there get copied to the manifest file?
Specifically, Amazon needs these five fields to be in the manifest:

• Uses-permissions: These are Android permissions and are required by the platform
• Uses-sdk: Tells us which OS the app runs on
• Uses-configuration: Tells us which configuration is required by the app (this section may be left empty if nothing is required)
• Uses-feature: Tells us which features of the phone are used
• Supports-screens: Tells us if the app supports large and/or high intensity screens

And secondly, is it possible to create my app and have it be unsigned?

If not, can I somehow build my app through the command line or through the SDK?

Regards,
Joe
Fire Maple Games

I am in the same boat, they are requesting an unsigned binary from me. Is this possible?
Just to be thorough this is the email i recieved:

Dear AppHappy Studios,

When we process your app to allow distribution through our Amazon Appstore, our technology over-writes your private signature with Amazon's. Since your application uses Facebook integration, we require that you follow the steps below. We have placed your app(s) to a “Pending Action” status so that you can either remove Facebook as a feature or sign your binary, whichever you choose.

1. Log in to the Developer Portal

2. Find the app you want to sign on the “My Apps” page and click “Edit app details”

3. From the Application Details page under the Upload Binary section, click “Edit”

4. If you already have a binary uploaded, click the “Remove” button

5. Make your DRM selection and click “No, I will sign my binary”

6. Upload your unsigned binary (on Developer Portal screen as “Step 1”)

7. Download the processed binary (on Developer Portal screen as “Step 2”)

8. Sign the binary downloaded on “Step 2”

9. Upload the newly signed binary to the portal (on Developer Portal screen as “Step 3”)

10. Click the Submit button.

Any help would be much appreciated.

views:1879 update:2011/10/8 8:54:25
corona forums © 2003-2011