Key Tool/ Signing Issues

set up my key store

keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-indemand.keystore
-alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 50000

got a kick back when added to corona with in Corona Project Manger Terminal window

Copyright (C) 2009-2010 A n s c a , I n c .
Version: 2.0.0
Build: 2011.268
The file sandbox for this project is located at the following folder:
(/Users/randyshep/Library/Application Support/Corona Simulator/41-4C48759FF012321F8EF36CA2FE16BA5A)

WARNING: display.setStatusBarMode() not supported in the simulator for the current device

Warning:
The signer certificate will expire within six months.

then in android market got this when i try to upload

Market requires that the certificate used to sign the apk be valid until at least October 22, 2033. Create a new certificate

Please help!

The numer of days valid you specified (50,000 days) is well beyond 10/22/2033, so I'm not sure what the Market validation tool is complaining about. When you built the app, you used your personal keystore, not the debug one I assume?

Tim

I'm having the same problem. i put in 10000000000 days. Any ideas? Hopefully you figured it out already.

I'm stuck on the debug keystore. I put in the password "android" but still get the error message "The password for the Key Store located at .... was not valid, or the Key Store was not valid"

I've followed the tutorials for generating my own key using the JDK keytool, but corona doesnt accept that keystore either. same message

im using build 2011.585 on windows with JDK 1.7.0

can anyone help?

Thanks

When i started, i was completely confused by this thing. But it's actually ridiculously simple.

Do this. Takes less than a minute and you'll have your keystore ready to go.

Open up your Terminal. Make a new window.

Copy/past this into it but replace "yourappname" with whatever your app name is. (Make sure their is no paragraph break.)

keytool -genkey -v -keystore yourappname.keystore -alias yourappname -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 100000

Then answer all the questions that follow. Hit "Enter/Return" after you answer each question. When you type in your passwords, 1. use the same password, 2. you won't see it typing on the screen, butit is working. 3. Keep a text document with all your keystore info/passwords with your keystore. Do not lose your keystore! Email it to yourself so you'll always have it somewhere.

hope that helps.

views:1626 update:2011/10/8 8:54:25
corona forums © 2003-2011