JNI table overflow errors on app start-up and resume

My searches for JNI comes up empty so I'm starting a new thread on it.

The problem happens when I setup the display objects for my app. I have 5 main screens that I transition between which include the following:

All 5 screens have a single background image, all images are optimized stripped png files.

Screen 1 -

30 unique small images
38 image objects total
20 text objects

Screen 2 and 3 each have -

2 unique small images
5 image objects total
115 text objects

Screen 4 and 5 each have -

9 unique small images
65 image objects total
73 text objects

Grand totals -

41 unique images
178 image objects
396 text objects

If I create all these objects at the same time, the app will not start under Android. I get a JNI table overflow in adb logcat output, then forced exit. I never even see a background.

If I split up the init so the last 4 screens are created later using timer.performWithDelay(), the app will run as expected when first executed, however, the same problem happens on resume so it really isn't useful yet.

I really don't think I should be pushing the system hard at these numbers. What if I was building a grid based app like a spreadsheet? I would have less than a 10x40 grid with 396 text objects!

The table that blows up has only 512 entries and includes refs to corona system libs (ie. .so lib files)

What is going on here? I seem to be the only one running into this problem yet I keep hearing about 1000's of objects being used on one screen (not all shown at once but they all exist at once)

I can get by with the split up of the init just fine, but how do I fix the resume?

At this point I have lost 1 man week trying to get past the 'Android' issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

views:1489 update:2011/10/7 17:24:19
corona forums © 2003-2011