Speed of GPS Acquisition? Spotty Acquisition?

I've been working with the GPS acquisition and I've found it to be very slow. Is this normal? Also, has anyone else had spotty support with the GPS on Android?

I have a Nexus S, and it works fine. Slow to acquire, but fine. My friend has a Droid and it doesn't work.

If anyone wants to try it, you can find instructions on my website: http://www.somethingneat.com/?page_id=19

Kinda rough right now, but it works for me.

Yep... this has been my experiance. I have an HTC Thunderbolt. It is very slow to aquire a position (1-5 mins if GPS was on for awhile before the app was opened, 5+ mins if gps is turned on right before the app is opened). This issue combined with the challenges of determining if GPS is even on and the lack of error responses when a location cannot be obtained has caused me to put my own GPS app on the back burner. (other apps that use gps seem to get responses much quicker, even without access to Wi-Fi for coarse location)

On a brighter note, once it starts working, it appeares work correctly.

I decided to stop writing my GPS app as native app and am writing it in HTML5. Works well across the board so far so ... Onto the next Corona project.

views:1844 update:2011/10/7 17:24:19
corona forums © 2003-2011