Video for app

Can somebody give me ideas about software I can use to make a video for my game? I want to use it on my website but don't now how to create.

You need a screen capture tool that can capture video. I don't know what's available on Windows, but there are several Mac apps. I use a $70 program called SnapZ Pro. I capture the Simulator's output, then use iMovie to put the entire project together with title slides, credits etc.

There is free product called Jing that works pretty well too and is available on multiple platforms. Google it!

Thank you I will look into them! Do you have a link to an example you did with the software?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC4gUzH-Vp8

Its made up of several parts: I made some simple 1024x768 title slides with Photoshop, for my business, a 2nd frame adding in "presents". Then the Starri and Hammer slides.

For the animation, I wrote a simple Corona app, played it in the iPad simulator and screen captured that. Then I captured most of the screen since my game is vertical and I need a horizontal for the video.

Finally I had a final slide. So with the two screen capture videos and the 5 photoshop made title screens, I used iMovie to glue it all together.

thank you for your help!

I personally use Screenium to record the video (either from Corona SImulator or Xcode Simulator) (it also captures system audio) and then use iMovie to create the final video from the screen capture.

views:1489 update:2011/10/7 11:17:15
corona forums © 2003-2011