Display textbox in simulator?

Not sure if this is the right forum or not...But I was wondering how am I to add a textfield to my app, and not be able to see where it is on the simulator? I don't mind if you can't pop out a keyboard for it, but I would at least want a white or whatever color box to see where it is placed. Or if anyone has suggestions on how to do this please let me know! Thank you. Can't wait to finish my first app with corona.

ugh i guess i could of read the sample code...i didnt see there is my answer :( sorry...but why isn't it supported?

Hi Adam (I assume?), it currently isn't supported in the simulator as it is a Native (i.e. to iOS or Android), it would be nice if Ansca provided a Mac OS / Windows native text box in the simulator but until then you do have some options for at least making it easier to work with in the simulator. All you have to do is detect if you are in the simulator or not and then create either a textbox or a correctly sized rectangle.

My new helper library, in alpha, would help you with this - http://www.monkeydeadstudios.com/rum.php?page=native

All you would do is create your text box like normal and if you are in the simulator it would automatically create the rectangle for you.

views:2170 update:2011/9/18 14:43:09
corona forums © 2003-2011