Will This Fully Teach Me Corona?

Hey Guys,
Does Corona use Lua exactly or does it have small changes?

Will this book help me learn Corona - http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Lua-Second-Roberto-Ierusalimschy/dp/8590379825

Thank You!
Matt

Indirectly yes...

If you know LUA the learning curve for Corona is drastically shallower.

Corona uses pure LUA for logic, creating and calling functions, managing variables - basically the guts of your application.

On top of LUA you access the Corona SDK which gives you access to phone functions, audio/graphics functions, timers and events. These allow you to see, hear, and interact with your app. These functions are also in the LUA syntax but Corona specific.

In code, LUA is the brains behind your app, and Corona is the eyes, ears, and touch.

Wow, @bedhouin, thanks! Good to know how they fit together.

i read this book completely, but i must say its not helping that much if you want to makes games with corona
yes, it will teach you basics, but it will not teach you how to do anything in corona
so i recommend to read through this book, go to site learningcorona.com and do all tutorials and maybe even buy ebook from dr.Burton

but i must honestly say i dont think even all this great resources will teach you everything, but it will get you started in almost no time

views:1535 update:2011/10/5 8:48:05
corona forums © 2003-2011