Build button not active

I've just finished my first project and i'm trying to build it. However, the "Build" button is not active. I've tried building for both device and Xcode; it makes no difference. What am I missing?

Jerry

BTW, I'm using Mac OS 10.6.8 and the latest stable SDK.

do you have your certificate and provisioning profiles set up correctly in your keychain and in xcode organizer?

you can not build for iOS without being in the apple developer program!

Thanks for responding. I'm such a noob. I've been in the program since April. I just now have had time to finish my first app. I did not even know about the certificate, keychain, and provisioning stuff until yesterday. It was VERY confusing.

BTW, for my next app, how much of the above stuff do I have to repeat?

Thanks again for responding and for answering a question from an obvious newbie. ;-)

Jerry

For anyone who may stumble upon this thread and are as confused as I was (and still am to a certain extent), there is a good tutorial on Youtube which I've linked to below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlRI30F6-Ek

What I don't understand is that when selecting Xcode Simulator, the Build button is still greyed out. Obviously, in Xcode you don't normally need to set up a provisioning profile to build for the simulator, so is this a bug in the build dialog in Corona?

@Jerry - No need to touch the keychain or certificates again, simply make a new App ID and provisioning profile.

@domi - You still need to select a provisioning profile to build for the Xcode simulator to the best of my knowledge.

@peach: is there a technical reason that you can't build for the simulator without a profile, when Xcode obviously can? It seem more likely it's just some missing logic for the build dialog that doesn't enable the build button when the simulator is selected (unless Apple have some block on 3rd parties building for the simulator without getting their cut, of course...)

views:1529 update:2011/10/4 8:06:35
corona forums © 2003-2011