Problem with Ad Hoc builds on AppFlightTest

I previously posted on an existing thread here:

http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/06/29/ad-hoc-install-problem-coronasdk#comment-55414

But the thread is a month or two old, and the situation needs updating so I am jumping in here. Previous history at other thread.

Problem - Can't get a build to upload to testflightapp.com.

After some back and forth with support over there, it turns out that the problem is the following. There is a file called 'embedded.mobileprovision' inside the app. That file contains provision profile info. (Like who can use the build.) But, inside the app file is a directory by the same name as the app file. And inside that directory is another embedded.mobileprovision file. TestFlight gets confused, and will not validate the upload.

I have no experience with iOS apps outside of the Corona process. So I do not know what is normal and what is not. Can someone with Corona tell me about this directory? Is it normal, why is it there? I deleted the inner directory,and I was able to upload to TestFlight successfully. I also was able to download the app via USB to a device and it worked. Waiting to hear from someone trying to pull it down through TestFlight to see if it works OK for them.

If deleting the inner directory works, I can do it. But it is a hack. And it would leave me wondering why the directory is there taking up space. Some words of wisdom on this would be appreciated.

views:1376 update:2011/10/4 8:06:35
corona forums © 2003-2011