This is not the New Developers forum

Seriously people, I get that there is a sudden influx of new developers due to the media attention from Bubble Ball, but all the threads asking newbie questions in Developer Support are getting annoying. There is a separate forum specifically for that stuff:
http://developer.anscamobile.com/forums/new-users-start-here

Sorry for being grouchy, but it is getting hard to notice more advanced questions/comments because the list of threads is overwhelmed.

jhocking,
(1) you are incredibly patient and helpful in the forums
(2) you are exactly right! In the last week the forums have gone out of control with questions that are answered by spending time (whatever it takes for one's level of expertise - at least 2 days) with the tutorials and example code.
(3) Thank you for your continued contributions.
(4) I appreciate the help with my questions and that you are willing and able to help those that are not helping themselves; very gracious.

Glad you find my input on the forums useful. I suppose I should clarify in case anyone thinks I am being horribly judgemental: on the specific day I posted that message the majority of new threads were from people demanding help after having only used Corona for like 2 days.

I'm not suggesting that the forum needs to be super strict about posting in the right place or that people should be afraid of posting incorrectly or something, but if you've only been using Corona for 2 days then you are definitely a newbie.

+1 for jhocking's comment.

I was wondering why my post from yesterday got shoved to the second page so fast. damn spammers

+1

I absolutely agree, 110%

Also, I don't think you're being mean - it is in newbies best interests to use the appropriate section of the forum as they are more likely to get answers.

Win-win, IMHO.

Guys....I agree with you and yet I have some bad news ;-) Human nature works off of reinforcement, nothing else. As long as experienced developers keep answering novice questions in this forum, the deluge will continue. The only way to stop it is to convince the majority of Sr. coders to discipline themselves to frequent the newbie forum and ONLY answer such questions there.

If you can pull that off, I've got a heard of cat's I need help with...

views:1605 update:2011/10/4 8:06:35
corona forums © 2003-2011