Deal-breaking bug (Assertion failed: (kNormal > 1.19209290e-7F), function b2ContactSolver)

Ugh. In one of my game levels, I get the following error when the level is won and the game is trying to transition to the Level Complete scene. It happens 1 out of ever 4 or so times, and only on this one level. Please help.

Assertion failed: (kNormal > 1.19209290e-7F), function b2ContactSolver, file /Users/ansca/.hudson/jobs/Main-DMG/workspace/platform/mac/../../external/Box2D_v2.1.2/Box2D/Box2D/Dynamics/Contacts/b2ContactSolver.cpp, line 96.
/Applications/CoronaSDK/simulator: line 9: 10983 Abort trap "$path/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Corona Simulator" $*

Update:

I think this is related to density. I lowered one of my object's density down from 9000 and the error went away (for now, at least)

What are the acceptable bounds of the density parameter for physics bodies?

I got this exact same error message. It seems that it happens in rare occasion when the physics engine try to apply force to a moving target.

I've come across this post in box2d forum after desperately trying to iron out this bug:
http://www.box2d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5250

It seems to be relevant because it's a bug description that reports the same error message on the same line of box2d code.

However, I can't figure out how to apply any fix to my game code in corona...because I'm no C++ monkey and can barely read them...

How can I fix this crash in Corona? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you think the error might possibly be occurring during a collision?

If so, this might help you (I experienced a similar error on collisions):

http://jonbeebe.tumblr.com/post/2515495262/corona-collision-no-no

Thanks for the info, it's very helpful, and it tells me next time I should be reporting a bug:)

Onto the crash my code produces: it's fixed now, and it's neither a corona bug nor a box2d bug, it's a bug in the logic of my code.

down from 9000?

o_0

views:1659 update:2011/10/3 8:06:12
corona forums © 2003-2011