How to handle Face Up orientation ?

Hi,
I was create one iPad application in that i have problem in FaceUp orientation.

when application start at that time it get FaceUp orientation while i am set only other 4 orientation
so the buttons & picture are not show in propre way.

when application start at that time if iPad is on hand then it get portrait or landscapemode.

so what i'll do for this ?
any one have idea ?

Thanks.

If I understand this post correctly, I'm having the same problem.

Sometimes I start my app while my device is flat on the table, and sometimes when I do that, it gets the orientation wrong, and my screen draws code for portrait mode when it's really in landscape mode, or vice-versa. A quick tilt fixes it, but it's annoying.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks!
Mike

Yes. I'm having the same issue. And I'm not really sure how to address it either.

In my build settings, I allow for portrait and landscape orientations, and my application handles both correctly.

But when the device is face up on a table -- it sometimes gives me a strange portrait orientation cropped in the landscape direction. It would be okay if it gave me portrait OR landscape when flat on a table -- but this is giving me a cropped version of the app.

Really what it should do is preserve whatever orientation you had last -- as I'm not allowing for "face up" orientation in my build settings.

I'm trying to think of a way to trap this event and correct it. Making the problem even more difficult is that you can't check 'face up' orientation in the simulator...

Any suggestions?

views:1456 update:2011/10/2 9:44:12
corona forums © 2003-2011