OpenFeint - General Questions

I'm happy with the minimal code I'm having to write to use openfeint.

So two questions:

When should I call .init()? If you never have set it up, init() seems to launch to get you signed up. I'm feeling there should be an "Opt In" for this.

Should I opt them in early? From my setup screen? When I need to actually use the service?

Do I need to also opt in for each time there is a new high score or achievement or just submit the stuff?

Thanks
Rob

Heya,

The general rule is to call init pretty much immediately.

You only need to call it once, that's it :)

If you want some detailed info on how to get set up (like submitting highscores or whatnot, which again you don't have to re-init for) I've got some handy tutorials up on http://Techority.com catering to that.

Cheers,
Peach :)

Little bit off topic, but when Openfeint for Android support comes to Corona???? I have waited months it and i dont want to relase my game without it. Some information from Ansca would be very nice. And i am sure there are also tons of other users waiting it. Does Ansca have any date? Information, please.

Going back and reading my post, I must have been zoned out.

In my first run, I called openfeint.init() right away. Since I had never ever setup an OF account before (or GC account), it jumped immediately to the OF signup screen, bypassing my start screen.

It seems to me, that you would want to give them the option to use OF/GC or never or bug me later, much like rating an application.

So my question really is do I build in an Opt-in system or just call .init() and have it harass the player every time they start.

Also there seems to be no return from init() to let me know if the player is actually registered or not, so what happens when I try to post their scores or achievements?

If they aren't logged in there wont be errors or the like, it just wont do anything :)

As to opting out of it, you could give them an option; like put init in a function and only call the function if optout == false. (You'd obviously save whether they were in or out, and have a button for those who wished to optin later.)

@uapo15 - Please don't thread hijack ;)

Peach :)

It certainly would make my life easier to not do an opt-in system for it.

views:1458 update:2011/9/30 9:15:39
corona forums © 2003-2011