EventKit support?

I'm trying to build a one-off app for a friend...something that can actually remind her to take her injections (its on a 3 day cycle, so it gets hard to remember which days!)

More or less, I need access to the calendaring function so that I can set reminders to prompt her to actually do the dang thing, and then give her some kinda reward for doing so.

Actually going to try this as a test case for making a full app as I know a lot of kids that don't do their injections. My background is in clinical psychology, but I was a programmer for YEARS (I developed the first test that was ever administered on the web...so students can blame me for this!!! I'd just rather not learn ObjC to do this...and found Corona...and it looks pretty damn awesome).

So anyway to get to iOS's EventKit...or a native Corona calendaring function? I see that Push notifications are coming to the SDK, but I'd still rather keep this local because of HIPAA regs if I'm dealing with medicines (and if turn out to be only a one-off that I have to manually install to her iPhone, I won't be able to do this anyways).

Thanks!

Not anytime soon.

But we will look into it

c

Thanks for looking into it. Might have to hire a developer to do this then...was hoping to be able to do my own code, but time is...well its just not there any more!

Thanks, and I'll look into this in the future!

BTW -- I think a few little things like this would push the development tools from being a game engine to a general purpose programming engine. I know games are what people want to make, but most people paying for apps are paying for things that are actually useful...at least from what I see at my level!

views:1449 update:2011/9/30 9:15:39
corona forums © 2003-2011