App Name

Everytime I build, the appname in the build UI is set to the folder name of main.lua. Is there a way to set this name in the build.settings or config.lua file?

This is just a piece of my build.settings file, good luck.

iphone = {
plist = {

UIStatusBarHidden = true,
CFBundleDisplayName = "APP NAME",

}
}

Thanks Rob

Setting this in the build.settings file does not work. But I personally think it *should* since that would be more appropriate.

I currently have my projects organized like so:

- Project Name (folder)
-- Assets (subfolder)
-- Source (subfolder)

So the App Name is always "Source" when I build... kind of annoying.

The code in my original post should work for you. I know I have had to completly re-create my build.settings file in the past due to hidden chars. Maybe try that.

Rob.

I've recreated the build file several times as well, trying to get this working... but no luck.

I take it that it's working for you? Your source files are in a folder named differently than your app, and it populates the correct App Name when you build? What OS and build # are you using?

Yes; the format mentioned above does work for me. My project folder is different than the name "coded" within my build.settings file and I get the correct name when loaded up on the device. ( not the actual "build" file name; that remains either the folder name or whatever you enter in the field at build time. )

I am using Snow Leopard and #484 or #520 at the moment.

views:1747 update:2011/9/29 19:21:19
corona forums © 2003-2011