Command Line Building

Heya,

Is it possible to build apps for the iPhone from the command line?

I'd like to introduce a few pre-build steps and write some scripts which will automate the entire process of installing the app on my iPhone without me having to step through it at each point.

Tom

I'd like that too so I can do automated builds.

Anyone tried this?
Maybe the automation tool on the Mac could help?

Lately I've been crashing Corona with a few misplaced object bounds when adding bodies to the physics engine. Anyway, from this it has become apparent that Ansca is using Hudson within the Corona Simulator? Can this be true? Check the following console log:

Assertion failed: (edge.LengthSquared() > 1.19209290e-7F * 1.19209290e-7F), function Set, file /Users/ansca/.hudson/jobs/Main-DMG/workspace/platform/mac/../../external/Box2D_v2.1.2/Box2D/Box2D/Collision/Shapes/b2PolygonShape.cpp, line 149.
/Applications/Corona.268/Corona Terminal: line 9: 43715 Abort trap              "$path/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Corona Simulator" $*
logout

@bsoisoi, I've seen lots (far too many) crashes like this that mention hudson. What is it and why do you mention it?

/Users/ansca/.hudson/jobs/Main-DMG/workspace/platform/mac/../../external/Box2D_v2.1.2/Box2D/Box2D/Collision/Shapes/b2PolygonShape.cpp, line 149.

I actually misinterpreted the line above to indicate hudson was bundled within CoronaSDK. This actually indicates they use hudson to build CoronaSDK.

Are any Corona command line build tools available? For any mature software group, this is an absolute requirement!

If you're on a Mac, check out the Corona Simulator.app package contents. It contains ant build scripts! I'll try now, but we might be able to use this for our own command-line builders

Cool!

I've no experience with Ant, but I guess it's about time I learnt how to use it.

I'll have a look at them, thanks for the tip.

Hello guys.

I have been trying to use the build.xml mentioned above, with no success so far.
It is not meant to be used by developers directly, so it is not well documented...

Here is my first guess (replace all the values accordingly to your environment of course):

$ ln -s /Applications/Corona/Corona\ Simulator.app/Contents/Resources/build.xml corona_build_file

$ ant \
-f corona_build_file \
-DBUNDLE_DIR=/Applications/Corona/Corona\ Simulator.app/Contents/Resources \
-DSRC_DIR=src \
-DTEMP_DIR=build/temp \
-DDST_DIR=build/snapshot  \
-DUSER_APP_NAME=snapshot \
pre-upload-zip post-build
views:1856 update:2011/9/29 9:22:17
corona forums © 2003-2011