Working with native text boxes and passwords

For a client app they want the login screen to be slightly condensed by having the "Email" and "Password" labels as the initial text of the text boxes. This all works fine however for it to work I can't have the password field as a secure one as then you wouldn't be able to read the initial label.

I tried making the field a secure one when you first select it, at the same point that I clear the text, however this doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know if it should and I've just done something foolish?

it's been months since I actually tested this, but my code (I think was working) looks like this:

if phase == 'editing' then
fldObj.isSecure = true
end

The trickier part is waiting until the user types something before clearing the label...I don't think that's supported yet...

Sadly no luck with that, I also tried with the "began" phase but no luck on that either. But it does work on the "ended" phase, it's not perfect as it will naturally only asterix out after the user has entered their password but it is hopefully good enough for now. Thanks for the help!

views:1502 update:2011/9/28 9:01:40
corona forums © 2003-2011