Build for appstore

Hi,

we just became a subscriber and about to release our first app the appstore aimed at toddlers for learning.

few questions about getting the app ready for appstore
1) we have not done any retina display testing yet, but simply added common code (thanks jonathan) in our main.lua file. is there anything else we need to do ?

2) we are still using 484 version of the sdk to build. which version is the suggested one to use? a more recent one? any suggestions on which one to use to build for iOS. we want to do this subsequently for android too.

3) we have the profiles and certificates in place with the appID also created

4) we need to add CFBundleidentifier and CFdisplayname in the build.settings file

5) i read fullycroisened's helpful blog and it seems the app name field while building in corona should be similar to com.domain.appname format. is that what others are also doing ? can someone please confirm this step?

I know that the build process itself checks for any obvious issues etc, but it would be great if someone put together a checklist or confirmed if we are not missing anything obvious.

Thanks to everyone who posts and helps out in these forums.

regards

1) Jonathan's retina hi-jack is awesome! You should do a quick review of your text display positioning. If you just cut and paste the retina fix you should inspect this line:

textObj:setReferencePoint(display.CenterLeftReferencePoint);

I have 2 apps in the appstore and I didn't do step 4.

When I look at the app that Corona built, there is an Info.plist file that contains this info. It looks like Corona took care of this in the background without me even knowing about it.

RECOMMENDATION: It's a big file to get through, but worth it. Full of detailed information and explanations about so much of the submission process, I cannot recommend the investment of time enough:

iTunesConnect_DeveloperGuide.pdf

*App Name, SKU, BundleID, Metadata

I made a cheatsheet (40+ Power Point) which condenses down the contents of the PDF... it could be worth at least $5.00 :-)

where can we get a copy of your cheatsheet?

@dgaedcke: I need to make sure there isn't any violation of Apple copyright by sharing a document that is otherwise only available to developers - I think. I will do some research. It is my intention to share - when I know it's okay.

views:1391 update:2011/9/28 9:01:40
corona forums © 2003-2011