Overlapping Text

Hi,

I have tried posting in the new users thread but got no resopnse :(

I have an app which is pretty close to being complete but I have a part at the minute where I am pulling out text and images from a database and trying to display it in the following format:

text1
image1
text2
image2

These are placed inside a scrollview, but the text could be of any length, and could therefore have a variable height.

I do not know how to get the first image to start at the bottom of the first text without knowing the height first.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

not sure but may be by looking in the scrollview example under interface in samplecode you will get what you want

Hey,

Sorry to hear you got no response :( Your thread must have been buried on a busy day or the like - next time if you don't get an answer, would you mind tweeting at me? (@peachpellen) Although I hope it doesn't happen again.

Now, you insert the first text before the second text, I assume? If so, are you able to use .height and then position the 2nd text using that in a simple sum?

Let me know :)

Peach

peach - thanks very much works perfectly, I should of been able to work that out really!!!

If I have further questions in future (i already do :)) is it best to just add antoher thread or tweet them directly to you?

Thanks

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Really glad that it worked perfectly; don't worry about not figuring it out on your own, sometimes it takes a second set of eyes. We all approach things differently :)

As to future questions, make a thread (tweets are too short anyway) but if you aren't getting any responses in a timely manner please, tweet me a link to your thread - it is inevitable that some threads will get buried and overlooked sometimes when things are really busy, but I'd like to avoid that however possible ;)

Peach :)

views:1316 update:2011/9/27 18:14:54
corona forums © 2003-2011