A Couple of Questions...

I have a few questions which I need answered. These are:
1. Can you use both OpenFeint and Papaya in the same app?
2. How do you access iOS Game Center through Corona?
3. According to http://www.distimo.com/ 's May publication, the Android store suffers poorly with paid apps (80% receive less than 100 downloads). What would you suggest out of the common monetizing methods to avoid ending up in this 80% but still receive revenue?
4. Are there limitations placed on apps of a specific file size for either iOS or Android?
5. (Australian users preferred) - In Australia, are you required to set up a real business to publish content and earn a profit? Could you provide any links with more resources regarding this?
6. Who is the best web host for a small, affordable site for advertising my products?
7. Do we have access to Android in app billing? (in app purchases for Android)
8. How accurate is the simulator in comparison to testing on the actual device? This determines how soon I get an Android test device.

Sorry if this appears to be the wrong forum but there are a couple of questions that would be suitable for many different forums and I'd prefer to group them all together to keep track of them.

If anyone could help with any of these questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

I can't answer all of these without asking someone else (not my area ;)) but here's what I can answer right now;

2) Via OF, see here; http://developer.anscamobile.com/reference/index/game-network

4) 20MB for iOS if you want it available without a WiFi connection. Android apps can be up to 50MB. (WiFi doesn't make a difference.)

5) No, we're not - if you publish to the Apple App Store you DO need an ABN and to be registered for GST but both of those are easy to do. (I'm in Sydney :))

6) That's largely a matter of opinion; GoDaddy is good, HostGator you hear mixed things about but in my experience is decent.

7) Not at this time, but it is a top priority on the roadmap; http://developer.anscamobile.com/resources/roadmap?page=1

I hope that helps, I can't offer advice on 3 as I don't have that much Android experience - same goes for the simulator when it comes to Android - that depends a lot on the device, I think.

Peach :)

Thanks for your answers Peach, your response has given birth to more questions:
1. Does anyone know of a good webhost that supports PHP, MySQL, PHPBB and WordPress but doesn't specifically include features such as a WYSIWYG editor that allows them to offer a better deal?
2. Does the ABN registration cost and if so, how much?

Thanks again Peach!

Hey again :)

I am afraid I can't answer question 1 as for a long time now I have been using my own server. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer that for you.

As to the ABN, I am almost certain that it's free - It was over a year ago I did mine but I'm pretty sure.

You can do it online just with your info and tax file number and when you apply for it you can also say you wish to register for the GST.

Peach :)

PS - When filling out the form you may get a prompt saying you aren't eligible if you say you don't have a business plan, or you don't expect to make over $X amount. So, ah, don't say that ;)

views:1418 update:2011/9/27 8:54:05
corona forums © 2003-2011