Game Credits screen

Is there sample code of a game credits screen in which a list of the people involved in the game creation scroll up and off the screen like movie credits?

I know this can be done with transition.to and clever use of a table of strings. But I want the scrolling to be clipped to a specific area of the screen, e.g. a small window in the middle of the screen. I tried this by adding the text.objects that hold the strings to a display group, but if the scrolling isn't manually clipped, the text keeps scrolling up and out of the screen group over other parts of the game screen. I want the text to be clipped to the top/bottom of the credits window so that even the height of the text is partially clipped if it goes over the top/bottom edge of the scroll window.

Ingredients:
- Black screen.
- One text object.
- Array table of credits.

Instructions:
Scroll object until desired point at the top. Update the text with the next line and move it below the viewable area and re-scroll. Rinse and repeat.

Let it run itself to the end of the table until all credited persons are served.
When it completes, the next line should do housekeeping.

Apparently I didn't read your post well enough.
Isn't the rest of the objects on your screen in a higher layer that can be overlapped on everything else like a frame?

Tokyodan, did you get any helpful posts or feedback about scrolling credits? I am about to tackle this very issue for my game - is why I ask.

you could also easy just make a full screen scroll and place a full width square on the top and one at the bottom that does overlap your scrolling :) so it appears the scrolling just happens in the middle of the screen. just as idea :@

views:1652 update:2011/9/26 8:07:09
corona forums © 2003-2011