local push notification possible ?

HI there,
also i don't need to be able to push notifications remote to my users,
it would be great i could create kind a alarm function, where my
app running in the background would show a alarm (push) notification on the desktop
when the user defined it.

is that possible already?

also i am wondering, as i recognized my app always restarts when it was in the background.
so multitasking is not supported till now?

thx
chris

2nd question answered;

add
UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = false

in build.settings

iphone =
{
plist =
{

UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = "false",
UIPrerenderedIcon = "true",
CFBundleIconFile = "Icon.png",
CFBundleIconFiles = {
"Icon.png",
"Icon@2x.png",
"Icon-72.png",
},
},
}

still open.... how to create push notifications... or any other popup while the app is running in the background (for alarm)

greets
chris

also it always sounds very cool to say "Local push notifications" etc.

if we could just open an alert box while the app is in the background, we could simulate already many things by ourself.

on android it could 'push' that alert in the notification list.
on iPhone it could show a popup on the desktop.

and with some community sources we could check on a simple ftp server if a new message is waiting and 'push' that in our simple alert through our app running in the background.

for sure it will all not the original apple push etc... but we had something to work with :)

Hey guruk, at this stage it isn't possible no, sorry :(

I saw you answered a question really well the other day, I was going to say well done but I didn't want to thread bump - so well done! Was nice to see - you have come a long way! :)

thanks for compliment... also its easy for me.. i really feel in love with corona... and with more than 25 years experience in coding i know what amazing job you do guys... and its not easy to make everyone happy :) just keep your best vibes

Heh, thanks guruk - I'll be sure to pass your kind words on to the rest of the team :)

views:1525 update:2011/9/26 8:07:09
corona forums © 2003-2011