way to simulate input in simulator

is there a way to get some kind of text input fields to work in the Simulator for texting purposes...I understand about the native calls however waiting for a build and installing on the ipad just to see if you have the correct position etc and that the input goes where its suposed to makes for a VERY long development cycle...any help?

Sure, you could create your own virtual on screen keyboard and do it that way. It isn't a two minute job though and would take time to implement

well dont need to see the onscreen keyboard just a standard input field that takes input from my keyboard..realy just for testing the input for position and to make sure im handling the input in my code correctly... not looking for an exact simulation of the native device...when i use an alert box you have a standard web looking dialog that pops up on the computer so why not have a standard input dialog... Corona is by far and away the fastest development tool for IOS i have found. i have several apps on the Apple app store using phonegap and am switching the next four to Corona..great product just missing this one "helper"

Not sure if this is useful at all but if you have a terminal window open you can use io.read to read in all text until you press enter.

local input = io.read()
print( "You typed: " .. input )

thanks for that...it will do for now :) lets me check im handling the input correctly ...

Also a user just submitted this : http://developer.anscamobile.com/code/floating-keyboard

It's a keyboard usable in the simulator, check it out

views:1575 update:2011/9/26 8:07:09
corona forums © 2003-2011