Advanced Transformations

Is there a way to do rectangle->trapezoidal and rectangle-> parallelogram transformations? Things like the photoshop skew, distort, warp, and perspective transformations in LUA/Corona?
Is there a sample of OpenGL apis that perform similar things that I can use to train myself?

Thanks in advance guys!

Not now. Will add the request to our 1.2 feature set.

Carlos

Is skewing supported by now? I was unable to find anything on it in the docs. If it's not supported, is there a way I can implement a skewing animation myself? (it is my understanding I need to access the internal matrices that transformations are created from, and as far as I can see this is not possible?)

This is important for me, as we're currently porting a game from flash, where some character animations were creating by skewing. I've written an importer and animation logic that works for all other transformations, but skewing is a problem.

Any suggested workarounds?

To reiterate: I need to implement skewing identical to flash's skew (in a manner that will allow me to animate an image with skewing).

Skewing is currently not supported.

-Tom

please add transformations.. this essential to rendering perspective. is this anywhere on the roadmap?

Did this ever get answered? I also have the need to distort or bend an image (sprite) on command.

Agreed (and bump)! I could really use a skew command with a project I'm working on now. Any time-frame on getting this kind of transform support?

views:1421 update:2011/9/25 12:40:18
corona forums © 2003-2011