Ball Frenzy is in review - woohoo!

I am very excited to see that my first game Ball Frenzy is now in review so hopefully I will be able to announce it is live on the app store soon.

I have created a small site with more info on the game

Ball Frenzy

And for those that are not aware, there is also a Twitter page here

I will keep you all posted!

Grats mate!

Your site looks nice too but the video doesn't play for me (I just get a big Quicktime logo appear and thats it).

If its in review then its release is probably not long now! I bet you're glued to your email!

Thanks Lilarcor

Eep - I have not created a video before so that video was simply a few tweens in Flash exported as a quicktime movie. The file size was huge so that may explain it not loading for you or perhaps a codec issue. I am in the process of using a screen capture tool to capture some real footage from the game and will try and put a better video together with this:)

I am glued to my email though not sure if the reviewers are currently asleep or not - guess it depends if they work 24 hours a day and what country they are based in.

I also used Flash to create my trailer for Thumb Tap using the Flash QuickTime export option (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEIlh0X9m-M).

What you need to do after the render completes, is convert it a smaller compressed one (forgive me if you already know this).

If you are on a Mac, its easy - play your rendered movie in Quicktime, then select: File -> Save As, then from the 'Format' drop down list, select HD 480p or whatever works for you.

My render went from 800MB direct from Flash to 9MB with very little perceptible loss in quality. Also, I'm not sure that a lot of people have the web quicktime player installed, perhaps turning it into a youtube clip or something might help coverage?

Just a thought anyway, good luck with the review and all the best!

Marcel.

Thank you Marcel - that is very helpful.

I haven't a clue about video so all help much appreciated. I certainly wasn't aware of the need to convert it so I will give this a go.

Ah yes I am sure someone suggested making a video in advance but I never got around to it so its all a bit of a rush job now:)

@ mediakitchen

Good Luck hopefully gets approved soon Im a huge
Football (Soccer) Fan and im looking forward to
playing your game you will get a positive 5 star
Review from LeivaGames.

Post some promo codes once approved please :)

~Best of Luck from LeivaGames

views:1517 update:2011/9/23 13:36:35
corona forums © 2003-2011