Bounce a Ball a new game for iOS only (promo codes inside)

Hey guys,

Here is my second post of the forums, this one is introducing my first game I made with Corona, it's called Bounce a Ball, its a simple game that requires you to move your phone around to hit certain point markers to get a high score.

I'd love your feedback. Also if you wouldn't mind I'd appreciate any sort of feedback left on the app store.

App store link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bounce-a-ball/id428194461?mt=8&ls=1

Promo codes:
KAYKYP639NAN (taken)
6ANY64Y7K6M4
R9XYPN4KK3RR
Y9XH7WPLWHFX (taken)
7RYJXE649K3A

Thanks!

I took Y9XH7WPLWHFX.

Thanks for sharing. I will leave you a great review.
Congrats on your game.

check out my game:
Touch Cannon.. a **FREE** game

please also leave a rating :)

Thanks! I'd love to leave you a review, would you mind posting a link to your game though?

I took KAYKYP639NAN

Been playing this for sometime. Fun game. Music is bit loud on default .. other wise good fun.

Thanks for the feedback. In a week or two I'm going to take all the feedback and work them into a an update for the game.

That's a good idea, doing a follow-up update to show people you are paying attention.

Ok I submitted an update that gives the user control over the control sensitively, I'll post here when it gets approved. Thanks for your support.

Hey Guys, apple approved my update. Due to the update Bounce a Ball is free through 5/15/11. Get it while you can.

Thanks for playing!

Hi jeremyapplebaum12,

Congratulations on getting your App into the store. I just tried it out. The mechanic has a nice feel. Nice job in settings, having a practice field for testing out sensitivity.

I started out with a problem. I thought it wasn't working when I first tried it. After pressing play, the ball just sat there. I touched tilted etc. I didn't notice the Start, until I loaded it on another device, thinking it wasn't working with the older one. The font don't get my attention.

Also, the font on the "How to Play" is difficult to read.

I also found a bug, or maybe it is an Easter Egg, which makes for some really interesting game play. It can be duplicated by:
EDIT: removed steps since it is an Easter Egg.

Again, congrates on sticking with it and making it happen.

Thank you for the feedback. What you found (I think your the first person to find that) isn't a bug, it was a secret level/easter egg I threw in there. Only upon getting the update approved by Apple did I release that, when I redid the artwork to make it all smaller, I by mistake took out the words "secret level" on that level.

When I come up with new ideas/update again I'll will insert those words and change the splash screen to a company logo that I'm still working on.

As for the start button thing. I'm not sure what to do there, I found (in initial testing) when I didn't have one people got mad for it starting right away and losing and I find that when I have one people don't seem to notice you have to hit start to play. Since I know you can please anyone, I chose the option that seemed to bother people the least, with the start button. If anyone has any better suggestions on this issue I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for your feedback and for playing.

I like it, it's an exciting level. Since it was an Easter Egg, I removed the steps in my prior post, so I'm not the one giving it away.

About the Start button, I think it is the outline around the font makes me think it is only text and not something to touch.
If you want to keep it the same look, you could move it to the play field and when it is touched it would transition to where it is now as the game begins to start.

One other thing, the status bar shows up while the game is loading. Is that what you want?

Hey nice app!
5-star rated!

That's not a bad idea. When I do the next update I'll probably do something like that.

As for the status bar, forgive me but this the first thing I've ever programmed and I'm not sure what you mean.

Thanks for the five star review!

This forum entry will show you how to get rid of the status bar before the title screen comes up, instead of after.
http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2010/12/16/hide-status-bar

Hey,

Thanks for the link, I'm definitely going to include that in the next release, it might be a while though as I'm currently working on application (not a game) more related to what I do professionally.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for playing.

views:1742 update:2011/9/23 8:53:55
corona forums © 2003-2011