Asset/Graphics creation process?

We are about to finish of coding of all features for our current game, and are putting in place processes for asset/graphics creation.

We are currently working with temp graphics whipped together in Photoshop, but since we are going to be targeting a Universal Build, we are curious about the pipelines and processes others use.

What are the tools and process you use for creating your graphics? Do you start with vectors in Illustrator or Inkscape or Flash or Fireworks and export the separate resolutions directly from there? Do you use the aforementioned proggies, and import the vectors into Photoshop, or some equivalent, either as vectors or Smart Objects, and rescale and export from there?

Just curious as to the paths others use, as a search across the interwebs provides very little in terms of articles of any use.

Looking for a healthy discussion.

Mike Hovland
Blue Rocket Labs

Personally I use Flash for creating my graphics because I really like the drawing tools Flash provides; they operate in a very different way than the tools in Illustrator.

Whatever tool you use, you should either do your graphics as vectors so that you can easily export them to any resolution, or do them large so that you can downscale to any resolution.

views:1543 update:2011/9/20 17:36:54
corona forums © 2003-2011